Sunday, December 11, 2005 ; 3:33 AM
Have you ever came across a series of novels titled: The Life of A December Girl?
Trust me, it's really good, absolutely superlative.
There are thirteen stories so far, one original start and twelve sequels.There are still more to come, of course,the author is still publishing, though I'm not sure when she'll finish.Probably when she dies.
That's right. Thirteen novels.One for each year of my life.
Good news: The thirteenth story was just finished at midnight, on the passing from yesterday unto today.
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's my birthday, my birthday, my birthday...I am officially a TEENAGER!
Though I prefer the number 12, sounds more enchanting & magical. Thirteen sounds wapish.
And It's Fifteen Days To Christmas!
I received oh-my-goshsocks presents at the breakfast table this morning.12 'A Series Of Unfortunate Events'books and 1 unnomibus with 4 classic tales in compilation.WHOA!!!
I am currently of Book the Ninth- The Carnivorus Carnival by Lemony Snicket.
Honestly, these books are written in SUCH a strange way that they are immensely entertaining.Lemony Snicket dedicates each and every book to his lover,Beatrice.
Beatrice.
Darling.
Dearest.
Dead.
Isn't it just odd?
####
I went through the National Piano & Violin Competition 2005 yesterday.God's birthday gift to me, I suppose, delivered one day ahead of normal schedule by accident. It was SOO nervewrecking!!!
Of course, I didn't get into the semi-finals.The competition is extremely tough.And prestigous too.Out of the 51 contestants, the judges, who, by the way, were intenational pianists from Germany, America and Australia, shortlisted only ten.
I'm sure you can imagine.
After I played, I stayed on for the rest of the day to watch the other contestants. Some of them were very very very very very very very good.I'm not joking.It makes me feel guilty of practicing only 3 hours a day for my piano pieces.Sigh.
Nevermind. I shall endeavour to enjoy the shattered wreckage of today with as much honour and dignity that a birthday girl can muster.
Just Joking. =)
* Just about everything in the entire world is easier said than done, except for those which you THINK are easier done than said, and that makes all the difference in the world.*