Monday, June 25, 2007 ; 9:10 AM
Oh yeah.
SARAH's back!!! LLTC was a BLAST.
So many things happened during this week, thus I shall put in effort to document EVERYTHING in this post.Be patient, and just read. LOL!!!!!
1st day
Got to SJI. Was the first girl there for a whole 10 minutes!!!So, I hid behind the plant bush. Yes, believe it or not. THen finally all the girls came so we went up into the hall and got registered.
Our first task was to WALK from SJI to St Patrick's-basically half the island's distance!I was like OH NO OH NO OHNo....you get the point.
...
Almost 4 hours later, we finally reached the school, with both legs aching like nobody's business and thankfully got our LUNCH. Gobbled it up in 5 minutes, then went on to Debrief and our 7 Habits Lesson. Then somewhere between break and Games session-------- I got pulled out of the camp by my mum.
!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a universally-known fact that when you least expect it, everything imaginable in the world happens to you...basically just conking you on the head. So it ended up that I got out of the camp because of an emergency which I will not specify.Hee.
2nd day
-
3rd day
morning till late afternoon: -
* between these two days I was busy, bored and befuddled.
Then, the saviour hour...mum finally decided that we couldn't fix the emergency for the time being, and all said and done, allowed me to come back to the camp. Very bittersweet moment; my heart was kinda sad but I was just going crazy like YAY YAY YAY.
So at 8 o'clock, after a massive traffic jam, I finally arrived at the school gates and got re-registered. Oh yeah, I spotted on the program that there was this
FAST FOOD section and I thought "Yes, there's going to be McDonald's!" Turns out it was porridge.
This goes to show I can't believe how stupid I am sometimes.
But the rest of the night turned out splendid, and I got my first night in a dorm this year-haha, missed my sleeping bag!
4th day
Woke up. Got ready with a very grumpy stomach. Ate breakfast very quickly, then we headed off for the Hospice where I got to talk to this VERY NICE old lady who reminded me of my grandmother. THen we performed for the whole group by singing songs(I sang off-key, I'm afraid!), then after a meaningful talk, we went to J8 for lunch. And I've got to say,
MOSburger's Terriyaki-Chicken-Burger ROCKS big time. Haha I've developed a craving for it now.
Went back to St Pat's and had an amazingly long bus-ride, peppered with loads of stories from one of the facils! Very nice guy:)Haha, anyway had a longer debrief after that, then SHower time and Dinner.
Whoo....then after that came the Solidarity Lasalliana! Absolute fun and so delightful! We sang loadsloadsloads of songs, and videos, and the entire hall was dark with candles on the floor, that kind of scene. Extremely inspiring, you can imagine.
Lights out were at 12.30AM, and before that we used up bunches of paper to write affirmations and letters to each other ( :D :D :D ), then had supper-cakes were yummy. OMG, then five scared and tipsy girls went to bed. Lol.
5th day (sob)
Last day of camp. Woke up with 20 seconds to spare, so just dragged a brush through my hair and ran down like hell. Had a morning run in East Coast Park, lovely exercise
but I inherited a big blister.Pfft.
Showered and changed, then had all the relections and summaries of the camp and the 7 Habits and stuff, oh and watched a mega-slideshow of all the photos captured during the camp. Haha, I saw myself with the nice old lady and Louisa! Cheers! Then the 'graduation' ceremony, where we received a neat badge, and packed up our things, and sang a LOt of songs, and exchanged contacts and all.
***
Really sad to end this camp so soon, especially as I was away for TWO AND A HALF GLOOPING DAYS, but oh well. And for everyone who's in Venere or in any other group for LLTC 2007, I'm saying a big HELLO to you, and come and read this post yeah!To my grp members who might find this blog by accident, thank you for sharing and giving me such a wonderful time, & Keep in touch.
Oh wait.
VENERE ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS!
Yeah, Au Revoir.