Sunday, September 16, 2007 ; 9:50 AM
Back on schedule: A new experience-----
On Saturday, the 8th of September, I stayed out
with my mum and my brother till 3am.
Isn't that the most shocking thing ever?? To me, at least.
But of course, we didn't stay out partying, or drinking, or smoking or any of these unmentionables. Nope...our Dinner&Dance ended at 1am, so we went out for midnight snacks, and then drove all my friends home. That explains it all.
My gosh, that night was the most hilarious, BEST thing that has ever happened on the last day of the school break. Ever. And trust me, last days of school breaks are usually not very happy events.
There was loads of yummy food (another unexpected thing) and loads of games, and retro competitions, and oh----THE MUSICAL was a blast! On the opening scene, me and the other two girls were so apprehensive, but it turned out just fine. Although,
I'm pretty sure at one point I sang off-key... but oh well. The number we had to perform was Grease: Summer Nights, and then just plain acting and dancing till the final scene, which was ta-da! HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: We're All In This Together.
Hahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahaha! And all the girls looked so pretty that night(
lovely Steph, and of course, the ever glamorous Charlie =D ) Sigh. Later on, we had to prance around our dinner tables and dance to the Birdy Song (don't ask why, another one of those little games!) , then the Best for the Last.....
DISCO DANCING!!!!
And that, continued for er, 3 hours.
I'm sure you can imagine....we were dizzy with happiness. Literally dizzy-after I finished dancing I
tripped over the dinner chairs. Blargh.
*****
Big jump now...time travels to the 15th of September. Which, incidentally, is today.
OMG OMG OMG....Piano competition at Alliance Francaise!!!!!!!!! The stage looked the same as ever, and I couldn't help but wonder how nice it would look to stage a play on it...
My category wouldn't start till after the intermission (3HOURS LATER) so I wandered up and down the stairs, visited a small exhibition where I saw loads of ancient wood statues(INGENIOUS), went next door to a library which only contained books in French(BONJOUR CA VA!), bought a gigantic chocolate cookie for a $1.50(YUMM), stared at my sheet music for an eon, and then....my category came. AHHH!!!
The auditorium was packed...honestly I never thought so many people would come to view the competition, maybe just the parents and teachers and friends.
Then again...there were a lot of contestants.
Oh, and you know what? Two minutes before my turn...my heat pack
leaked acid all over my cloth used to wipe the piano keys. Murphy's Law.....What a joke.
But aside from that, the experience was exhilaratinggggggggg-----YEAH!
Signing off,
Your ever-happy Girl =D