Boulevard of Dreams


My thoughts.


Thursday, January 17, 2008 ; 3:30 PM

Sigh. Busy busy busy week I'm afraid-these three days have left me sort of dopey with exhaustion, and tired panda eyes. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm really running my homework schedule just so that I can finish assignments a few days early. And I'm sure in the long run, it helps.

Took a break today when I came home from school, from a meeting for the Grade 7s orientation camp. (Found out I was in the "Spirits" Com....ahhh! Maybe I'm not a very good choice-my jokes are all incredibly lame. Hear that, Mr Ian Chai??!! =D) Watched A WALK TO REMEMBER on youtube. I've decided to emulate Jamie Sullivan, if I possibly can. And the way the love story develops, it is plain heart-rending.
There's this one particular part where Jamie is in the hospital after weakening, and Landon is reading to her, and suddenly she goes and sighs," You know what I figured out today?"
Landon looks at her. I bet he was expecting her to say something else...Anyway, she gazes at him quietly and starts to talk about how she realized that perhaps God had a bigger plan for her than she did for herself. And she launches into how she felt that Landon was a god-sent gift to her, maybe because she was dying, and then, Jamie smiles her sweet laugh that she always has.
And she says," You're my angel."
At this point, I positively melted into jelly all over my floor.
It is indescribable to suggest anything more touching than young and true love-and I hope Landon realizes he's a really lucky guy! The ending of the show is bittersweet, but this makes it even more tear-jerking.
Well, before I start to sound like a movie-critic, I shall just put in one comment and finish off. THIS MOVIE IS NOT MEANT TO BE MISSED.
Then from gentle romances, I jumped straight into hard, driving homework duties...like trying desperately to switch my mind-track and complete a Chinese letter essay, while blocking out all the pretty and fond memories from the movie. (You know, after a movie finishes, the images still go on playing in your head for as long as they want to.)
Maybe next time, I'll try doing it the other way round: I'll sog off all the rotten essays first, then spend my time lazing on the sofa and watching movies that I like!









This Girl...
...likes to see the world through rose-tinted glasses
...thinks medicine is just awful
...finds comfort in the backseat window of a bus
...dreams a lot
...travels by feet (mostly)
and treasures every single moment

She Loves...
MAGIC
Family&friends
Books
Colours of nature
My jazz shoes
A world of MUSIC and DRAMA
Horses
Ice-skating

Telephone Box


Soundtrack of my Summer


Floo Portals
Anne-Marie . Antonia
Ben Teo
Cassie . Cheryl . Christel
Daniel
Gerard . Grace
Hannah
Ivor
Jessica . Jia yi
Kristine
Sarah NAME CLONE . Shaun
Timothy
Grade 9 Van
LONG DISTANCE HAULS
gladys
alesia . amanda lek . anne . anthea
becky
clarissa
dezi . doralyn
jas . joey . juju
kaizhen
lianne . lisa
nicole chen . nicole leong
rou urn
sabrina Poh . sabrina T. . sam . stephh
val lim . van lim
yee won
1/1 . 2/1
OVERSEAS APPARITIONS
*PETER PAN*
aik seng
delise . dominic . dom yong
edmond
hiokhong
joshua goh
kevin wong
leona
mikepat
rui zhi
sasin . syuhaidah
vincent
yi an

A Snapshot
Of roses, beeswax, and a thousand moons in the sky
Isn't it so?
You've arrived in Paradise

Credits
Designed by
[-iBlogskins Design-]
the latest source for original blog designs

Images: DeviantArt