Monday, January 21, 2008 ; 8:23 PM
Whoo.
CCA started today, so I put on my dancing "shoes" (socks actually), all ready for the lesson. Before I elaborate any further, let me just say that
I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED SUCH A WORKOUT IN 8 YEARS. Serious.
By the time Miss Low finished taking us through the stretching exercises(
NOTE: Only the stretching exercises!), I was properly terrified. There was no way I was going to be able to bend so flexibly without a good amount of pain. But being a decent 15 year old, I couldn't just scream out loud in class, so I gritted my teeth most of the time and actually... it levered off after a while. But right now, at the present moment while typing this, my legs are suffering from
acute "sore-joints"-ritis. But then, that's only the negative side of it. Truth be told, this was the
BEST CLASS I'VE EVER RECEIVED IN 8 YEARS. We launched immediately into a piece, straight after warm-ups, and I gotta tell you, the moves had
serious style! I felt immensely stupid while doing them at the beginning, but later on
it gradually felt better; so now, I know at least 10 more cool moves in contemporary dance.
...
...
Now all I have to do is get
jazz shoes.
*
Double, double, toil and trouble....Something Wicked This Way Comes!*