Sunday, July 20, 2008 ; 11:15 PM
CONFIRMATION. What a strong, confident word it is.
Ahh, who am I kidding? I'm getting the
jitters over my church confirmation. It's
very, Very
Close now...and since my teacher had to pick a few students to do the readings and cantoring and gift offering--well, my class is of a small size, so each one of us will probably be doing something on that day.
Let's just say now, that my voice is quite sore.
Oh dear.We've been having practices on and off, and this whole ENTIRE Saturday was dedicated to the preparation; whooo, I have never actually spent the whole day within the confines of the church before! But there's ample time for reflection, and I tinkled around with the piano a bit (Yeah, just a bit...okay, maybe not a bit...) and there was a lovely 'chips and apple juice break'---and I also discovered that the world is actually quite small!!! (
Hello Joshua!)
Then a mass was held in our honour at 6.00pm (ok, maybe not exactly in our honour--that part was only for about 5 minutes, which was the blessing) where we had to say "We do" quite a number of times.
(Reminds me of the wedding rituals, haHa!)But it was great to spend the hours in church...somehow you can just relax and release all your tension the way you want it to. And pray all you want. And the church has been my weekend playground (honest, there
really is a playground there) since the tender age of goodness knows when. So sacred places like these do come with a strong attachment-for me and my brother, at least.
And today passed in the same way as yesterday (well, except for a very interesting talk by two missionaries from India--don't assume yet--one of them's American and the other one's Polish.)Haha. And TOMORROW's Racial Harmony Day, which means I have to hunt around for my ethnic costume (it's probably last year's one, with the VERY long skirt)... and on a sidenote,
SJII's performing the LLTC DAnce! Whoo-hoo!God Bless the World. And Billy's oral too-
he'd better not mess it up.