Boulevard of Dreams


My thoughts.


Wednesday, July 16, 2008 ; 5:25 PM

Let me tell you a secret that nobody knows...
Shhh...
Promise not to tell?
Double promise??
All right then.
Here goes.
.... ....
... .... .....
.... ..... ......


I have a singing mailbox.

...
... ...
Don't you make that face at me! It's entirely true. Well, at least before you discredit me for nonsensical ideas, hear out my story first.

You see, the short walk from the lobby door to the lift always takes me past the small room where all the mailboxes are. And I was just singing my way to the lift, after a normal, tiring day at school--you can imagine, no problems with that. My stomach was well-fed and well-watered, so there were no excuses for causes of delusion or temporary insanity.

At that precise moment of waiting for the lift, my head flashed past the mailbox room as I turned around, and for a second I swear I saw my mailbox beckon me over. (Override of imagination here: The flap of the letter slot was swinging open, and "singing" -if that's the way to describe it. Yes. It was definitely calling me over.)

Anyway, the usual things happened: the voice at the back of my head nigged and nagged at my feet to start walking away from the open lift and towards the mailbox.

So I walked. (Hasn't anyone told you the saying: "Don't doubt your conscience and trust your instincts-especially when it takes to hurling insults inside your head to get you to obey it." ?)

Oh well. My hands opened the flap, and I peered inside. Lo and behold, a bunch of letters! Aha. (But my mum cleared the box two days ago. Hmm.) Anyway, I'm not much of a dawdler, especially with a heavy schoolbag, so I scooped up the whole pile and ran for the lift.

Now, the next best thing to do when you have a pile of letters in your hands- is to go through them. Two for dad, three for mum, one for the dog (...kidding)....and one for me. There it was, a thick white envelope with my school crest at the top.

Suddenly I remembered. Oh crap.

My school assessments and my IB recommendations.

*fast forward all the hyperventilation*

As soon as I reached my room, I tore open the envelope. (Vicious me-but sorry, couldn't wait!) A note of address to my parents, some info sheets, and MY REPORT.

*Drumroll inserted here*

It took me exactly half a minute to scan through the maze of alphabets; and exactly two minutes to digest the information.

;D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Needless to say-well, I only have one thing to say--reading a letter has never felt so happily glorious before.

THANK YOU MY SINGING MAILBOX!!!! :D

Your loving owner,
Sarah

p.s-I'm dreadfully sorry if this post is chock-full of dramatics (I know I should be writing about more realistic things) but I simply couldn't pass up an opportunity to introduce my mailbox. And the assessment that came along with it. (That one's real enough, I think.)

p.ss- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIA YI!!! ONE TWO THREE>>>MAKE A WISH. Hehehe. :D









This Girl...
...likes to see the world through rose-tinted glasses
...thinks medicine is just awful
...finds comfort in the backseat window of a bus
...dreams a lot
...travels by feet (mostly)
and treasures every single moment

She Loves...
MAGIC
Family&friends
Books
Colours of nature
My jazz shoes
A world of MUSIC and DRAMA
Horses
Ice-skating

Telephone Box


Soundtrack of my Summer


Floo Portals
Anne-Marie . Antonia
Ben Teo
Cassie . Cheryl . Christel
Daniel
Gerard . Grace
Hannah
Ivor
Jessica . Jia yi
Kristine
Sarah NAME CLONE . Shaun
Timothy
Grade 9 Van
LONG DISTANCE HAULS
gladys
alesia . amanda lek . anne . anthea
becky
clarissa
dezi . doralyn
jas . joey . juju
kaizhen
lianne . lisa
nicole chen . nicole leong
rou urn
sabrina Poh . sabrina T. . sam . stephh
val lim . van lim
yee won
1/1 . 2/1
OVERSEAS APPARITIONS
*PETER PAN*
aik seng
delise . dominic . dom yong
edmond
hiokhong
joshua goh
kevin wong
leona
mikepat
rui zhi
sasin . syuhaidah
vincent
yi an

A Snapshot
Of roses, beeswax, and a thousand moons in the sky
Isn't it so?
You've arrived in Paradise

Credits
Designed by
[-iBlogskins Design-]
the latest source for original blog designs

Images: DeviantArt