Boulevard of Dreams


My thoughts.


Sunday, August 03, 2008 ; 9:53 PM

Ahem. Before I start babbling.
HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!!!!!

Words can't describe how much I miss you bestfriend, and I wish you all the best for the rest of your wonderful year! :D (p.s...I hope my present doesn't reach you too late...snail mail tends to have that disadvantage.)

Okay.
Even without a fantastic birthday to celebrate (I have to wait ages for mine), the weekend still passed in a fashion of mind-blowing events. First up was the SPLAT! Production, which lasted a staggering 8 hours-of which half was spent backstage sitting on the carpet and telling crappy killer jokes. Killer on the stomach muscles I mean. From laughing. Ahahahaha.

And the music was fantabulous (if there is even such a word...the dictionary should make it legal), especially at the gang fight and the death scene. I strongly believe the word "Fight" is eternally stuck inside my head now. All you songs, like superglue inside this head of mine.

Then the long, long train ride back home, where I tried ('tried' being the keyword here) to successfully learn the formulas of the Rubik's Cube from Mag. I remember something about a fish though, and a T. Hmmm.

That was Saturday.
*****
SUNDAY: Rise and Shine!!
I prayed for sun, but it was boiling outside, in my opinion. Which my garb didn't help either. Think 'Long Thick Skirt' and you'll get the idea. At least everything was white. Everyone looked lovely too, I think. (Amanda=Power-woman!!!)

The whole morning started off with a Praise & Worship session where the songs were uplifting enough and everyone was so hyper that we all sang loudly. My throat clearly rejected the whole idea, which resulted in a super-fast, super-worrying sore throat and cough phrase. Thankfully it cleared in time.

Then we all marched down like, well, we marched down to the road for procession; Billy looked so small and wrapped up with his red cassock and 'wings'- I couldn't help but laugh. The golden thurible&boat looked really nice and imperious, and so did the torches and the banners. (My dad said the incense smelled different though: I think he's either got a very sharp nose, or a botched-up sense of smell.) Archbishop Nicholas Chia was there, hat and all, with his long staff. Billy got to carry the hat! Whoo! HAHA.

The mass itself was long enough for everyone to be tenderly cooked. As you can infer, the church does not have air-conditioning inside. But heat can be forgotten after a while, and so the whole thing went smoothly. Apart from the singing, that is. My hands had a major Parkinson attack during the Responsorial Psalm, and by the time I calmed down, the hymn was over. But luckily the mike covered most of my trembling (I think!), or at least, I didn't trip over my shoes (which would be a NIGHTMARE.)

Then the sermon (which was interesting, to say the least) and the anointing, and the rest of the mass passed fairly quickly. It seems like time warps during momentous events.
Loads of photo-taking after everything concluded; and it was so funny because we all had to get up onto the platform to pose with the Archbishop and the altar boys had to lead him off in the final procession. Hahahah!--Plenty of confusion there, I assure you!

I never knew I could receive so many flowers either. Goodness, I didn't even expect any! Guess my mind was too preoccupied. But it was really really sweet to see that all the IJ girls still remembered me and had roses to spare. Doralyn, Clarissa, Rebekah, Alyssa, Amanda...Haha, and the LLTC guys came!!Hoho. :O :D Joshua Goh, Nigel, Leonard, and of course Joshua Tan was there already. My fingers were kept VERY busy on the camera shutter.

Of course, nothing ties up a High Mass like a scrumptious lunch, with a seat diagonally opposite the Archbishop to boot. Heh.

Then. With everything going so fantastically as planned, Murphy's Law had to sneak its way in. My left boot split apart with a resounding snap-and-crack(well, it was more like 'splack' anyway). My poor boots.

That, just to say, rounded off the whole day very nicely.
*******
"You look nicer in the golden sun than I ever imagined you would be."









This Girl...
...likes to see the world through rose-tinted glasses
...thinks medicine is just awful
...finds comfort in the backseat window of a bus
...dreams a lot
...travels by feet (mostly)
and treasures every single moment

She Loves...
MAGIC
Family&friends
Books
Colours of nature
My jazz shoes
A world of MUSIC and DRAMA
Horses
Ice-skating

Telephone Box


Soundtrack of my Summer


Floo Portals
Anne-Marie . Antonia
Ben Teo
Cassie . Cheryl . Christel
Daniel
Gerard . Grace
Hannah
Ivor
Jessica . Jia yi
Kristine
Sarah NAME CLONE . Shaun
Timothy
Grade 9 Van
LONG DISTANCE HAULS
gladys
alesia . amanda lek . anne . anthea
becky
clarissa
dezi . doralyn
jas . joey . juju
kaizhen
lianne . lisa
nicole chen . nicole leong
rou urn
sabrina Poh . sabrina T. . sam . stephh
val lim . van lim
yee won
1/1 . 2/1
OVERSEAS APPARITIONS
*PETER PAN*
aik seng
delise . dominic . dom yong
edmond
hiokhong
joshua goh
kevin wong
leona
mikepat
rui zhi
sasin . syuhaidah
vincent
yi an

A Snapshot
Of roses, beeswax, and a thousand moons in the sky
Isn't it so?
You've arrived in Paradise

Credits
Designed by
[-iBlogskins Design-]
the latest source for original blog designs

Images: DeviantArt