Friday, January 23, 2009 ; 11:45 PM
It's a funny, and kind of terrible thing to learn what isolation is, first hand.
Of course, this feeling only resurfaces once in a
blue moon, on one of those out-of-body days where everything goes slightly wrong, and you feel yourself shrinking as the hours go by. And by the end of the day, you're only
two feet small.
It hurts, also, to find that when your smile becomes crooked, no one actually notices (or cares) enough to ask.Everyone can have problems, even the most cheerful of people. No one can stay happy forever; and that might just be what other people take for granted. No one wants to feel like a temporary listening bucket (that's what
ears are for); sometimes the telephone receiver also needs a person on the other line to hear as well.
Perhaps this is just what I need to toughen up my shell.
To learn that when the world turns chilly, I have to be happy for myself - not other people's sake.I think I need a break.